INTO Chapter Newsletter
The Newsletter Contest is now CLOSED
Submissions received after the deadline of April 1 will not be entered in the contest.
Thank you to all who did participate!
This page was last updated on: May 14, 2013
Chapter Newsletter Editors the newsletters shall be judged in four categories:
1. Manufacturer Supported/Sponsored Chapters (either motorhome or chassis) 2. Small Chapters (less than 50 registered motorhomes) 3. Medium Chapters (between 51 and 150 registered motorhomes) 4. Large Chapters (between 151 and 300 registered motorhomes) 5. Extra Large Chapters (more than 300 registered motorhomes)
Entered newsletters should be published no less than two times per calendar year (one issue will be allowed if this is an established publication schedule) and must be distributed to every member of the chapter, either in print or electronically. Judging will be done on the cumulative quality of at least two (2) issues, preferably the latest two editions. Submission information will be forthcoming.
- Does the newsletter provide needed information to chapter members? (up to 40 total points)
- Upcoming activities of the chapter (up to 15 points)
- Information on FMCA activities for and services available to association members (up to 15 points)
- Manufacturer's recalls and equipment alerts released to the motorhoming public (up to 10 points)
- Is the writing of the newsletter clear and concise? (up to 20 total points)
Grammar Spelling Syntax
- Does the editor use humor other methods of encouraging readership, i.e., recurring columns, contests, quizzes? (up to 10 points)
- Does the newsletter have a visually appealing layout? (up to 30 total points)
- Consistent, recognizable masthead design (up to 5 points)
- Easy to read. Good use of fonts, columns and white space (up to 10 points)
- Good use of color, graphics and photographs (up to 10 points)
- Consistent content and location for recurring columns and featured articles (up to 5 points)
Maximum number of points that can be awarded is 100. In case of point tie, total points in the content portion shall break the tie.
All entries will be judged by students of the Mary Washington University located in Fredericksburg, VA.
Please send the copies of your Chapters Newsletter, no later than April 1, 2013 to the following address:
10 Mundy Lane
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Electronic Newsletters should be sent to:
If you have any questions, please give me a call at
Judging will be performed by students of the Mary Washington University located in Fredericksburg, VA.
INTO Newsletter Contest Chair
Secretary of INTO
Family Motor Coach Association
The Chapter Newsletter Contest is back!
See the information on the contest below.
Have your Chapter participate!
Deadline for submission is
April 1, 2013